Last month I conquered a channel back chair. I will fully admit it was a bit of a challenge but that's what makes it fun right?
The chair was in pristine condition it just needed a little updating.
I started with a gray linen for the front and then got a little stuck after that. I bought a couple different fabrics for the back. One that was crazy & colorful and the other a black, cream and gray damask. You know how it is though, on the day I decided to finish the chair I wasn't feeling either one. It was very rainy and cold outside and this wool hounds tooth from my stash just called out to me.
It made for a very warm and cozy feel. A sweater pillow tops it off.
I fully intended to do a tutorial on how to reupholster a channel back chair but I got into it and kinda got sidetracked with doing it. Here's just a peak for those who might be interested to know just what's going on inside one of these bad boys.
It's really not that bad just a lot of steps, but well worth the effort. I'm still really enjoying working on upholstered pieces and learning as I go.