We got a break in the weather so I drug it outside to take some beauty shots.
In case you missed it I found it at a Re-store for a great price because it had been there for three months. Here's what it look like before.
I cleaned it up and made a few small repairs. Then I added a top and some trim to the front as well as the top. I was torn whether or not to add crown to the top but didn't because I liked it simple. I painted it white , distressed by sanding and glazing, then sealed it with poly.
I leaned it up against my faux mantle in the living room for a couple days so I could make sure I was happy with it without crown. I fell in love. I wanted to keep it and sell the one I made myself a couple months ago. Ultimately I decided mine was already attached to the wall better keep it. If you would like to see mine go here.
Here it is in the store.
I got my craft on and made some spring bunting to add a little interest to my space.
I mentioned on my facebook page yesterday that I built a barn door to display the mantle. I think it's fun and if I don't have a lot in my space it looks interesting. I did sell a few things last week so I am thrilled! I need to get busy and make some more.
My next post will hopefully be about a huge project I have been working on in our dining room. I just picked up the hardware for it so I am determined to finish this weekend. One project for me, one for the shop right. I will make no money that way but it sounds fun to me.
P.S. If you are a no reply comment blogger I can't respond to the question in your comment, which is no fun.
linking up to: